Name of NGO: Development Dimensions Society (DDS)
Legal status: Legally registered under Societies Act 1861, Pakistan
Date of Registration: November, 2010
Date of Establishment: November, 2006
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
02. VISION, MISSION, GOAL & OBJECTIVES, CULTURE AND VALUES
03. CORE THEMATIC AREAS
04. STRATEGIC APPROACHES
06. BOARD OF DIRECTORS/ MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
07. ADVISORY COMMITTEE
08. GENERAL COMMITTEE
Development Dimensions Society (DDS) is a registered non-governmental organization, formed by some committed motivated development young professionals in 2006. These passionate people took the social development of youth, women and children as their enduring social commitment. However, as it name implies research is the backbone of all the development initiatives for broadening the learning base and sharing the experiences and knowledge gained with many others alike.
There are different development models/ approaches used in the history to cater various segments of community. But human resource development is always considered to be the best approach for optimum utilization of any other form of resources, and hence making the interventions more sustainable and workable. The formation of Development Dimensions Society (DDS) is a step towards building capacity of human resources that is competent and dynamic enough to meet the challenges of the new millennium.
DDS is focusing its efforts on delivering assistance to strengthen civil society through capacity building and encouraging active participation of communities in local governance by linking the poor to local government and helping them to attain a greater voice to advocate for their rights. In addition, Human Resource pool of DDS is equipped enough to share its experience in designing, implementing and monitoring Youth & women Empowerment, Human Rights, Child labor, Gender, Education, Micro-finance and Advocacy projects. We believe that a lot of work has been done in development sector, which still needs to be explored and put together for integrated / sustainable development in Pakistan. Therefore, DDS is striving to build partnerships with local and international organizations, to avoid duplication and for proper utilization of development resources in Pakistan.
Make sustainable development opportunities accessible to marginalized communities and to decrease poverty rate, including poverty of thoughts. Development Dimensions Society envisions of “an equitable society for youth, women and children wherein they avail equal opportunities to harness their full potential to become socially responsible citizens who fulfill their rights and obligations.”
To strengthen and develop youth particularly young women, communities, CBOs and government organizations in various disciplines for sustainable development in Pakistan by 2020.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
Development Dimensions Society strives for the development of youth, children and communities through:
- Human Rights 4 all; including Child/Women/Labor Rights by Promote advocacy and awareness for Human Rights and Address the issues of special people through trainings, social media, theater, social mobilization, awareness campaign and advocacy.
- Livelihood for low income communities by Youth and women empowerment through entrepreneurship and establishment of technical and vocational institute for females.
- Quality Improvement of Formal & Non-Formal Education by providing “Quality education for every child”.
- Promoting safe and congenial environment through promoting the concept of recycling
- Communal health and hygiene to permute health conscience, Health education, Public health awareness and provide medical aid through medical camps.
- Creating congenial environment for growth and development through; Bridging gaps between public, communal and private institutions, Arrange Public Private Partnerships through advocacy and awareness, Human and institutional development for research and knowledge management, Strengthen local and international linkages, Proactively involving stake holders to mutually decide and share their roles and responsibilities, develop Research and development department for research and analysis, Publish reports magazine, journals, periodicals and surveys, To cooperate with other societies/ foundations of similar nature and of the similar type already established.
At Development Dimensions Society, we will work together to:
Strive to exceed our community’ expectations, by recognizing and anticipating their needs.
Meet challenging but achievable organization’s objectives and financial goals, with well-planned and clearly communicated strategies
Continually improve DDS’s image in the communities around Pakistan, through the promotion of creative ideas, and the development of targeted, innovative projects
Encourage a winning spirit and a positive working environment through the development of supportive, appreciative, and rewarding working relationships.
Reward creativity, innovation, and risk-taking Recognize diversity by treating individuals with respect and dignity
Innovation and improvement of activities and systems
Commitment to quality
Employee , recognition development/lifelong learning
Teamwork (collaboration, shared decision making within and between divisions) Integrity, honesty, and ethical behavior
Respect for individuals and their differences; high quality of work life.
CORE THEMATIC AREAS:
Education for every child
Youth & women development
Promoting safe and congenial environment
Communal health & hygiene
Livelihood for low income communities
Financial management system
Urban Youth Development Program
Rural Youth Development Program
Social Mobilization & Advocacy
Human and Institutional Development
Research and Knowledge Management
Strengthen Local and international Linkages
Development Dimensions Society has a pool of experienced and qualified human resources to offer following services to its donors, partners and clients:
Financial Management System
Development of Marketing Tools for NGOs
Annual reports of the organizations
Multi & Social Media Services
SEO, Social media
BOARD OF DIRECTORS/ MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
- Mr. Mian Shoaib Anwar – Chairman
02. Mr. Muhammad Amjad Khan – Vice Chairman
03. Mr. Nadeem Hasan Zaidi – Finance Secretary
04. Mrs. Qurat-ul-Ain Tahir – General Secretary
05. Mrs. Rania Raheel Kalsi – Information Secretary
06. Mrs. Ayesa Anwar – Joint Secretary
07. Mr. Raheel Ahmed Kalsi – Member
- Ms. Fizzah Gardazi – GC member
02. Ms. Zain Khadija – GC member
03. Ms. Maira Ijaz – GC member
04. Dr. Sadia Anwar – GC member
05. Mrs. Huma irfan – GC member
06. Ms. Tahira Urooj – GC member
07. Mr. Zeeshan Elahi – GC member
08. Mr. Waqas Afzal – GC member
- Ms. Shumaila Afzal – AC member
02. Ms. Wania Shah – AC member
03. Ms. Laraib Abid – AC member
04. Ms. Aneela Imtiaz – AC member
05. Mr. Atta-ur-Rehman – AC member
06. Mr. Burhan Ahmad – AC member